Wednesday 4 February 2009

Nortorious: "It was all a dream..."


(Image: Notorious Trailer)

The largely anticipated Notorious film is coming to London on 13th Friday and I managed to cop a look at a early release.

Jamal Woolard's depiction of "Biggie" is done quite well - the rapping, his swagger and his general chit chat is on point. The film deals with Biggie's drug dealing, love of Hip - Hop and his relationship with Diddy, 2 Pac, Faith, Lil Kim and his mother.

Derek Luke who plays Diddy, had the Hip Hop moguls moves down to a T - he talks like Diddy and dances like Diddy which is funny to watch.

Although, I tell you what's shocking - Naturi Naughton who plays Lil Kim. For those of you who don't know Naturi, she was the girl who was kicked out of the R'n'B group, 3LW. Let's just say that she doesn't leave anything to the imagination. Now, I am not a prude, but for your first feature film, I think it would have been more tasteful to tone down the sex scene...I mean oh my days, it was short but she was going for it...

All in all, the film won't be getting any Oscars, but it is definitely worth a look and the tap of the toes to Nortorious B.I.G best tracks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails